Wednesday, April 05, 2006

New Version of Kiko Calendar


Right when I was about to forget about Kiko Calendar I received this announcement in my inbox yesterday:

We've spent the last few months with our heads down, and we've finally released the new Kiko. We're sporting a brand new, much cleaner tabbed interface and a whole host of new features:

  • Appointment reminders via email, text messages, and AIM
  • RSS feed for upcoming events
  • Natural language appointment creation
  • Import appointments and contacts via iCal and vCard
  • Sharable URLs for your calendar
Check out the new site at http://kiko.com/. You can sign up with a new login or migrate your old account by signing in with this email.
Cheers,
The Kiko Team
Just by curiosity I signed back into my Kiko account to check it out and I must say the new version doesn't seem that bad. Overall the look and feel is better than before and reminds me a lot the screenshots of the upcoming Google CL2 calendar. Even a few CL2-like features for example drag-to-create are nicely implemented in Kiko and the whole thing is a bit more stable than before.
So will I switch back from
30Boxes to Kiko? I don't know yet, 30Boxes is very easy to use and has some nice features but Kiko is catching up and I haven't used both calendars enough to say that I couldn't live without them as I am still waiting for Google to get their thing going. Even if Google is a bit late to this race they will probably end up winning it because of full Gmail integration and their large user base. What the heck, they should just buy both Kiko and 30Boxes!

No comments: