Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Everybody's... (google) talking!

Yesterday evening I was all exited playing around with the new Google Desktop and adding some of the cool plug-ins and then this morning I heard the news about the new Google Talk. The first reactions seem to be that this new IM is nothing special and that more was expected from Google. The user interface sure looks good without all these ads and pop-ups that I remember from Yahoo IM, MSN Messenger and ICQ. Google Talk uses the open jabber standard so I guess a lot of those unhappy with its UI will use it through Trillian or Gaim. As for me I hope that over time Google's Gmail, Desktop, Talk, Blogger, Picasa and other utilities will become more and more integrated and finally offer me what I am really looking for (I will know when I see it!).

No comments: